Ultimate E-type - The Competition Cars (Classic Edition)
Author: Philip Porter
This is the full story of the competition E-types that took on the might of the Ferrari and often beat the legendary GTOs and the AC Cobras. With copious unseen period photographs and original Jaguar reports, the glory years of the ’60s are told as never before, including the build up to the Lightweights and the evolution of the Low Drag versions.
By Philip Porter, award-winning author of over 15 Jaguar books.
- Lively, authoritative, intriguing, definitive
- A chapter for each of the 12 cars
- The full Lightweight E story
- The history of the E2A prototype
- The development story of Jaguar’s answer to the GTO
- The driving impressions of E v. Cobra v. GTO
- Revelations from Adrian Newey
- Why a fresh water mussel was found in one car!
- Masses of fresh information
- The early racers to the final Low Drag Coupés
- Stunning period and studio photography
- Over 200 interviewed including Sir Jackie Stewart, Dan Gurney, Roy Salvadori, Martin Brundle, Brian Redman, ‘Whizzo’ Williams, John Coombs…
- Almost every owner of each car traced
- Part 1 – Period Story, Part 2 – The Cars, Part 3 – Evaluation
All orders are shipped via DHL Express or DPD. Next day delivery can also be selected upon checkout.
Made to Order products are dispatched within 28 days of purchase.
Pre-Order products are expected to be dispatched within 3-4 weeks from time of purchase.
For more information on shipping, returns and exchanges please click here.