Without question the best body style of the F-Series 911 - the Targa. This iconic car has been synonymous with the cool and famous since incarnation and has received a much deserved renaissance of admiration over the past decade. Finding good examples has become challenging.
This 1973 911 2.4 T Targa was delivered new in the UK on 24th August 1973. It is a matching numbers, UK spec car. The car has only had 4 previous owners from new and spent a good chunk of its life with one particular gentleman, it’s third owner, from 1985 - 2020. We have accompanying the car a letter from this owner. The car was originally Purple but it has just undergone an extensive restoration at renowned marque specialists Rindt Vehicle Design.
The decision was made at the time of restoration to repaint the car in the infamous and universally adored Porsche Irish Green. The seats were retrimmed to in a complimentary tartan and on the whole the car looks fantastic for it.
The work carried out to the car by Rindt included:
- bare metal re paint to the car to Green.
- Both sides had new L brackets to the B post and roll bar
- Both Sides had new inner and outer sills
- Repair sections were welded into both rear wheel arches and lead filled
- The NS scuttle was cut repaired and lead filled
- NS floor pan was replaced.
- NS kidney bowl replaced.
- Repair sections to both front wings.
- Interior fully stripped.
- Seats replaced and trimmed in Tartan.
- Dash Facia re trimmed
- Stereo Fitted
- Sill protectors inner and outer
- Chrome bumper mouldings replaced
- Number Plates
- Windscreen Front and rear rubbers
- Sun Visors
- Horns replaced
- Door seals replaced
- Targa Top seals replaced
- Carpets cleaned not replaced.
- Engine and box extracted , serviced , lower and upper cam covers replaced, 3 oil pipes replaced, various wiring repaired.
Accompanying the car are invoices, photos of the restoration, the original handbook, original maintenance record book and dozens of old MOT certificates.