1962 Lancia Flaminia GT 3C Coupe
Location: United Kingdom
The Lancia Flaminia was launched at the 1956 Turin Motor Show as a direct replacement for the hugely successful Aurelia. Utilising a similar layout to the Aurelia with a rear transaxle gearbox and in-board brakes the Falminia was powered by a 2.5 litre V6 engine with a standard Solex carburettor. The Flaminia Coupe and Convertibles were Aluminium coach-built cars with their bodies being built by several Italian coachbuilders including Touring of Milan. A total of 1,550 Coupes were built, the 2.5 GT Coupes were built between 1957-1965 making them highly desirable. Other upgrades included fitting triple Weber 35DNC carburettors which boasted a power output of 140 bhp which propelled the car to a top speed of 130mph.
The Lancia Flaminia GT 3C Coupe offered here was delivered on 16th February 1962 by Carozzeria Touring of Milan. Finished in Lord Blue with Burnt Orange leather interior this striking triple carburettor model was purchased in 2016 by its current owner in need of restoration. He undertook a no expense spared nut and bolt restoration which was carried out by the well-known and respected classic car specialist Adam Redding. Works included removing the engine and gearbox and stripping the whole body, before a bare metal respray was carried out. The car was also subject to a full mechanical overhaul including engine, gearbox, and suspension rebuild. Other notable works included overhauling the braking system, re-wire and interior re-trim.
Supplied with a current V5 registration document and Lancia factory documentation confirming specification, various invoices and other related documentary history.